Sunday, May 16, 2010

Crash!

In running, they say you hit 'the wall' when you've reached the point in the race when you just don't think you can go any further. You're ready to chuck your New Balance and go lay on the beach. Well, I hit the GSE 'wall' this past Wednesday. It was so graciously arranged for me to attend a health symposium in a nearby town. This trip required a 7am rise after yet another late night. I struggled to get out of the bed and get ready but managed to put on a semi-clean outfit and a smile. Once I arrived at the symposium, the unthinkable happened: I fell asleep during the presentations! How rude of me! I could barely keep my eyes open. I thought that I would be rejuvinated after a small meal, but no, it was even worse! I felt so bad. I slept the entire ride home and then again before the meeting we were to attend that evening. Twelve days of early mornings, full schedule days and late nights had finally got the best of me.
The good news is that on Friday we headed to Sao Lourenco for the District Conference and our biggest and most important presentation followed by a much needed break. Friday was supposed to start our three days of rest and relaxation, however, my Friday started with the Great Luggage Debate. As to not incriminate the innocent, the details will remain confidential. Let's just say this: 30 days worth of luggage for 2 people, a weekend worth of luggage for 2 additional people and a compact car do not equate to a happy driver. Things not to do in a foreign country #2: inadvertantly irritate the driver before a three hour drive. Taxi!

-April

No comments:

Post a Comment