Tuesday, March 23, 2010


Bom Dia! My name is Constance Bolte and I teach Biology and AP Environmental Science at James River High School. I am 28 years old, and happily married for 2 years.
I'm thrilled to be part of the GSE 7600 team and to have this amazing opportunity to visit Brazil. Many thanks to the Midlothian Rotary for sponsoring this trip and extending cultural growth to young professionals.
In the past 6 years I have packed my vacation time with trips abroad. Aside from visiting the Netherlands once or twice a year (my husband is Dutch :), I have explored Australia, Costa Rica, Germany, Belgium, and France. Brazil should be exciting... culturally, educationally, and scientifically! I love the language learning process and looking forward to speaking three languages by the end of May... Dutch, French, and Portuguese!
The planning stages are in full swing and the anticipation of April 30th (departure date) keeps growing. Of course, keeping a balance is tough right now. Lesson planning, paper grading, learning portuguese, and directing the school sustainability program, all occupy a significant amount of time. Taking each day in stride seems to do the trick... before I know it, I'll be in Brazil!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the lesson planning. As a former teacher, I was challenged when I had to stay out. It meant that I had to write lesson plans in much more detail than I normally would. Hope you will have the same sub for the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Constance, I`m so happy with GSE Team from District 7600, I hope you and others enjoy Brazil a lot, Brazil is so beautiful and have a lot of things that you will have fun.
    you will stay in my house for four days when the Team arrived at Volta Redonda.
    In the last October I had an unforgetable days at Virginia Commonwealth as a Team Leader of the GSE TEAM from District 4600.
    Feel free to ask me any doubt about Brazil, the culture, weather, food and others matters.
    claudio.paula@terra.com.br
    cpaula@harsco.com

    ReplyDelete