Wednesday, March 17, 2010


Bom dia! Good Morning! My name is Candace Banks and I am yet another team member of the GSE Brazil team from District 7600. I am thrilled about this awesome opportunity afforded to me by the Richmond Rotary Club. I am a lover of languages and cultures and this ties right in.
I am a graduate of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (commonly known as Virginia Tech- GO HOKIES!) and received my bachelor's degree in Spanish. During school breaks I worked for the Virginia Department of Taxation and have been with them ever since. For all those who grimace at the mention of TAX, my current position is a Tax Credit Analyst. In other words, I give away money. So let's turn that frown upside down.
Until next time, I applaud and appreciate Rotary for supplying this great adventure to explore another culture and hopefully bring back what I've learned to keep the tax dollars hard at work here in the Commonwealth. Até logo.

3 comments:

  1. We are proud of you at RCR. We made two excellent choices.
    Jim Bynum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candance, I`m deeply happy because you is taking part in this GSE Team to Brazil. I think you will enjoy a lot my people and my culture.

    ReplyDelete